A Headless Man Loves Me!?
Chara Lovita
moved to sleepy hollow one day. She wanted to start a career to perform in that
small town. She particularly loved to perform at night, even though many of the
villagers refused to leave their home. She asked her producer why this was the
case… and of course,
he claimed that the people are afraid the “Headless Horseman”
She laughed, “I can’t believe these
idiots believe of a headless horseman… hah!” She is very skeptical on situations involving the supernatural.
So that night, she decided to walk to the lake in the woods near the dead oak
tree to sing a little. When suddenly she heard the sound off galloping hooves.
She stood up turning around to see what looked like a headless man riding a
horse with a sword in hand she quickly ran away as fast as she could, until she
reached the dead oak tree, where she fell and hurt her ankle… she knew she
was dead…
The horseman
looked at her… and lowered his
sword… he put it into
his bag and jumped off his horse… and walked toward her. Chara couldn’t look at him
due to the fact she was scared and in pain from her ankle. But suddenly she
felt the horseman picking her up bridal style and began to carry her away.
“L-let go!” she began
freaking out looking at the headless horseman terrified. A strangely soothing
yet spooky voice spoke, “Calm yourself… no harm will come to a pure hearted girl like yourself …”
She was shocked… soon though
they entered a dark castle area as he put her down on a huge bed and left to
get a servant to come bandage her ankle saying, “You are the first live person the master has
ever brought here… all the others
had their heads cut off…” the servant smirked
Chara sweat dropped, “But why am I alive?... I could’ve sworn he’d kill me…”
“I see no form of
evil, there for you were unable to be killed, but I’m not sure why
he was willing to do this for you…” Now this skeleton wearing a maid outfit obviously knew what she
was talking about.
Meanwhile the
head male servant of the castle asked the horseman as he placed his cloak on
his bed, “Sir, out of
curiosity, why did you decide to take this woman here?”
The horseman sighed, “I think her good soul revealed part of my human soul, which I
thought I lost forever… I strangely feel… alive again… when I saw her there and carried her…””
The maid
servant curtsied and said, “Sir I bandaged her ankle, it is actually broken, she didn’t realize the
pain until I started bandaging it, she won’t be able to return home for at least 2 months…”
“Then we shall
care for her until she is fully capable to return home, yet I overheard earlier
before I followed her that her producer and manager wanted to kill her…”
“Not sure though
if it’s a rumor sir?” the male
servant asked
“Yes I’m not sure at
all, but I do not wish for this girl to get hurt… I need to thank her for letting me see
kindness and honesty for once in what was eternity of my life…” The horseman
disappeared into darkness
The next day
Chara woke up realize that the night before wasn’t a dream. She couldn’t move because
of her ankle. That’s when a male servant came and brought her a huge breakfast
plate, “Good morning my
lady, did you sleep well?”
“That wasn’t a dream last
night I see… I slept fine… but where is
your master now?”
“He is resting
right now… he cant stand
the light well… he stated that
if you wish you may explore the castle, but one room…”
“Is that his
room?” she asked
“Yes… for he is
resting like we stated…”
“I see… “ Chara after
eating her breakfast grabbed a crutch to begin walking around the castle…
Every room
showed no light, but that was understandable since the master couldn’t stand the
sunlight... She was in aw by the beautiful pieces of art throughout the castles
halls... She suddenly noticed one room that had a very spiritual gram on it.
She stepped closer... Noticing the light of it backing away... It was odd...
Chara reached out her hand toward the door, when a hand grabbed hers...
She turned to see it was the headless man...
He calmly said, "Trust me... You don't want to touch it...
"
Chara was really spooked, "You... What do you mean by trust
me not to touch it?" she asked...
He tossed a small little mouse onto the seal, disintegrating it
into dust...
Chara backed away terrified... For multiple reasons...
"c-can this really be real!?..." she said to herself as she began to
panic.
The headless man spoke, "yes is possible, I've been like
this for almost a century now... Still trying to figure out what caused me to
be cursed this way... What can allow me to escape it..."
Chara looked at him and asked, "why not explain to me how
you... Or why you would..."
"Lose my head?..."
"Y-yeah..."
He aimed his body toward her and began his tail.
I was originally hired by a German leader to fight British
troops from this area... I was a merciless killer chopping off other soldiers
heads... At the time I longed to fight out on the field, and didn't recognize
my cruelty... Until..."
"... Until they chopped your head off?..." Chara knew
the answer... But she needed to clarify if she was right...
He nodded... Afterwards I suddenly began to move, only holding a
skull in place of my head... My touch is now cold as ice... And I began to
remember my younger days... As a child I hated fighting, especially because my
parents fought a lot physically when I was young... Until I got into fights
with other boys..."
Chara listened in aw... And then asked, "Was there anyone
you cared about at one point and they cared for you?..."
"Yes... One woman, she was good amount of years older than
me so at first she was like my mother... But then she tried to come onto me...
I was only a few years younger than you are.., so I left her... Not wishing to
deal with her again..."
Chara then asked, "how old we're you when you died?"
"You are 18 years old right?..."
Chara nodded,
"I was only 3 years
older than you at the time..."
Chara was shocked, this man was so young when he lost all of
it...
"I have been killing however for centuries... I haven't met
a kind soul in all my afterlife... Until I saw your soul and your
history..."
"W-what do you mean?"
"your soul explains your history as well as your
personality and your sins... And there were no signs of sin on you at all...
It's rare... I've sinned many times..."
Chara wondered, "Is there any way, for me to just see you
completely? Like your soul and head?..."
The man stood there and thought a moment... He suddenly grabbed
her hand and quickly picked her up, "Hold on... I'm going to show you my
true self..."
Chara lightly blushed, she began to think, "Have I gone
crazy?... I'm talking to the headless horseman!... Yet I wish I knew his real
name... Maybe I can ask when I see his soul..."
He suddenly carried her into a dark room with a magic circle...
He said, " just sit in the middle, and you will see my soul in the world
of limbo, yet closer to hell... There our souls can meet... As of now, I'm just
using this body partially, unsure of my future..."
He then stepped back and disappeared into darkness... Suddenly
the circle glowed bright and surrounded Chara with light... Causing her to
close her eyes
When she opened them, she couldn't believe her eyes, she was
floating in the air looking at a young man standing near flames... He turned
toward Chara and said, "I am the hessian... My true name long forgotten...
Do you have one for me?..." he asked, his beautiful black hair and blue
eyes drawing her in... "Giovanni..." she said to herself, she thought
it suited him very well...
Giovanni smiled, "I think that is the name I was born
with... Thank you miss..."
"Chara... I never truly introduced myself..."
"Chara... It truly suits you..." the spirit version
walked up to her beginning to lean toward her as if to kiss her... She began to
flinch back blushing, yet thinking 'can souls even kiss!?..." ... When
suddenly she realized she was back from that world...
The headless Giovanni spoke, "I truly like the name
Giovanni... Miss Chara... How did you see me?..."
"young... Handsome... Kind.... And unworthy to be cursed
like this..." Chara said sincerely...
Giovanni said, "I'm glad you would say that... My human
soul hasn't seen other souls in a long time... The demon the curse placed
inside of me seems to devour me whole..."
"your wrong about that..." Chara said... Trying to
stand... Giovanni saw this and quickly rushed to her and began to lift her
up... " because a deserved to be cursed man would have killed me
already..."
He chuckled, "I suppose your right... You look tired... Let
me take you back to your room..." he said while once again carrying her
bridal style once again... Charas heart
was still pounding, "this whole situation is hard to accept..."
"understandable, my human soul had a hard time accepting
that he died for a long time..."
Chara then grew irritated, "stop separating yourself into
two being! You are one in the same, a curse is the only thing keeping you
apart!"
"That and death!" Giovanni snapped... Then he realized
what he did and the apologized, "I'm sorry..."
"... Only a normal human can apologize so quickly..."
Chara said growing more and more tired...
Giovanni sighed... "just rest now alright?..."
Chara nodded just before falling sound asleep...
Giovanni stared at Chara for a moment... When ever he sees
her... There's a throbbing in his chest that he once thought was completely
destroyed... But this girl... The more he's with her the more his human soul
reappears... Does this have to do with the curse?... He thought...
The next day Chara woke up and noticed her ankle was already
beginning to feel better... Then she checked her cell phone... And saw her
manager left her multiple messages, all the same, 'Where are you? Come back!
Are you ok?...' but then she saw one message that didn't seem right at all...
'Are you dead?...'
Chara didn't know why but it felt odd...
One maid came in and saw Charas spooked and confused look on her
face and asked "Are you alright miss Chara?"
Chara quickly snapped out of it and said, "Y-yeah I'm
fine... My manager is just wondering where I am that's all..."
The maid knew there was more to this story.. But she simply
placed her a plate of food on her bed bowed and walked to giovanni's room.
Giovanni was unable to sleep lately.... His spirit looked at an
old painting of him when he was younger... When he maid entered, "Master
why are you not resting? You've been avoiding killing people for a long time
now... You know that if you don't kill sinners you'll disappear into
hell..."
"you need not to remind me... I just can't stop thinking
about Chara... My heart pounds when I see her... I.... My chest throbs... My
mind spins..."
"Sounds like another curse, this one almost worst than the
one you already under... Love...." the maid said.
Giovanni thought... "how? Could I really love someone?...
not to mention so soon..."
The maid then spoke... " when I gave her her food today,
she was looking at a device and she said that her manager's wondering where she
is... Yet I saw she had a spooky and confusing message also... May I suggest
you go check out what the manager is up to, and maybe learn more about Chara
that way?..."
Giovanni's soul head nodded... He wondered if maybe they were
connected by more than fate or 'love'.
Later that evening when Chara was sound asleep, Giovanni got on
his horse and headed toward town... After quickly arriving, he finds the house
that the manager and producer met and slept...
Giovanni remained quiet and listened into the conversation...
"Where could Chara be?..." the manager said worried
"Oh don't tell me now your worried about her?"
"I took her in after her parents died!... If I had a choice
I would never do what your asking me to do..."
"your saying... You want to lose your soul to hell and
still have her die?... Or would you rather just her die?..."
The manager looked down depressed...
"I thought so... All men... Even boys... Have the guilty
minds..."
Giovanni remembered the producers female voice and began to
panic "I-it can't be!?" he thought... Realizing there was more to
this story than he was led to believe...
He quickly rode back to the castle to speak with his servants
After he
told them what he saw they were shocked, "you mean her producer is
HER!?"
"the
woman that..."
"yes...
And now I'm extremely worried about Chara's safety... Yet I'm curious about why
SHE would want to kill her?..."
Chara had
walked in at that moment, she was confused, "what's wrong?"
Giovanni
said, "don't worry it's nothing for you to be concerned about..."
Chara
frowned knowing something was wrong... She then had an idea to find out. She
acted like she wouldn't ask anything more and left the room... But she headed
for the spirit entrance room...
Giovanni
sighed, I have a bad feeling that she is going to try something stupid... I
pray I'm wrong...
Chara
walked into the circle and closed her eyes to see Giovanni's spirit self closer
to the flames... She walks over toward him and grabs his hand... She asked,
"What are you hiding from me? What is it your trying to protect me
from?..."
Giovanni
looked at her and said, "you understand there's a reason why I've been
silent in physical form... Even now, I don't want to pull you into unnecessary
worry and pain..."
"I
can handle the pain! Not telling me what's going on is causing me to worry even
more... Please!? Tell me!" Giovanni's soul sighed, and began to lean
towards her as if to kiss her... Once again Chara flinched and realized she was
back...
She then
overheard the headless Giovanni mention her manager and producer... So
unwittingly... She decides to go and speak to them, and begins to walk back to
town...
One of
Giovanni's servants always scanned the lake area next to town for anything odd
or out of place, as the servant saw Chara he ran back to the castle...
In town
Chara saw her manager and smiled, "I'm ok Sebastian... " she simply
said, noticing a female figure behind him... Chara asked, "W-what's going
on?..."
The woman
stepped into the moonlight, and it became clear that this woman was unnatural..
Chara asked, "Who are you?..."
The woman
spoke, her voice almost crackled... "I am not only your producer, but the
horseman's curser as well..."
"So
wait... Your the woman who went onto Giovanni when he was young!? But that
was..."
"Yes
it's amazing how fast time passes when you are part of a curse... As long as
I'm alive and the farther away he is from admitting his love to me... Well...
You get the rest..."
"Y-you
did this to Giovanni... Just because you think he was only meant to love
you!?"
"Simply
put for a girl of your era, yes..."
Chara
then asked, "then why are you so interested in me!?"
The woman
then spoke, "I victoria knew your light powers were more than just pure
soul coincidence... But the fact also that you stole my Giovanni away from me
is unforgivable! Therefor... In order to not only take your powers and fully
control Giovanni for myself... I will have Sebastian kill you... Or maybe even
torture first..."
As her
manager walked over toward her, Chara realized that Giovanni wanted to protect
her from getting killed all along...
She saw
Sebastian carrying a long blade, as if ready to cut her head off or worse... As
she saw the blade rise she closed her eyes and flinched back... But she heard
Sebastian say... "I can't do it to her..."
Victoria
snapped and with using her own blade cut his head off... Causing it to roll
toward Chara...
She saw
Victoria walk closer but before it was to late Giovanni rode in yelling,
"Victoria stop!..." as his horse landed in front of Chara...and said,
"I will not allow you to hurt Chara!..."
"Giovanni...
She said quietly.
Victoria
growled "Why not accept the fact that you always loved me!"
"BECAUSE
IM IN LOVE WITH CHARA!" his soul screamed
Chara's
face turned completely red, 'EEEHHHH!!!???' she thought
Victoria
growled even more "you barely know her! Her past! Unlike me... I know
everything about you..."
Giovanni
growled, "but you don't know her!"
"oh
yes I do... After all... How do you think Her family died?..."
Chara was
shocked, but she remember the night...
Victoria
entered the house cloaked and carried a long sword and chopped her dads head
off and when she saw her mothers head she ran quickly out of the house.
Chara
quickly remembered what happened and fell to her knees...
Giovanni
quickly ran to her side, "Chara!? What's wrong?..."
"She...
She...."
"yes
yes I chopped off both her mom and dad's head..." Victoria smirked,
"And now Giovanni.... Your going to kill Chara..."
"you
can't control me..." Giovanni growled
She
quickly pulled up a skull and said, "Oh no?..."
Giovanni
spoke in a startled voice... "How did you!?"
"who
do you think was able to pull off such a powerful curse, yet needed to keep
your head in order for it to maintain its power... Now do as I say!"
Giovanni's
body began to run toward Chara involuntarily... As Chara began to stand again
she didn't want to hide anymore... She was going to stand! She even began to
sing to herself...
Giovanni's
soul saw this and heard this beautiful voice and suddenly as a form of physical
light he stood in front of Chara and blocked the headless Giovanni's sword...
Chara kept singing as Victoria yelled, "what is this!? How is this
possible!?"
Giovanni's
soul smirked and said, "you lost Victoria... I love Chara... And nothing
can stop it..."
Chara
finally felt the feeling in her heart again and realized... "And I with
him...."
Giovanni
was in aw as his soul felt pure happiness for once in his long life. His human
soul began to fuse with the headless body and pushed all these devilish
creature out of his body. Victoria growled but suddenly she noticed small
devilish creatures with pure black eyes and sharp pointy teeth and were pure
red in color.
Victoria
screamed as the creatures bloody claws (covered in her blood) dragged Victoria
straight through the ground... Victoria screaming as she accidentally tossed
Giovanni's head onto his headless body.
As Chara
watched in horror she realized Giovanni had passed out, "Giovanni!?"
she yelled as she ran to his side with tears, "Giovanni, I love you...
Your kind soul... Your bravery, I love you... And I always will... Just come
back please?..." as she began to cry
Giovanni
was heading toward the light he longed for for more than a century... But
suddenly not only did he hear Charas voice, he realized he would lose her
forever... He couldn't bare the thought but what could he do?...
Suddenly
a voice spoke to him, "I shall return you to my daughter with skin and
head in tact, as long as you promise to protect her."
Giovanni
saw a man and woman in white gowns at the gate, "Your Chara's parents
aren't you?..."
The
mother nodded, "We saw everything, and we want you to protect her now for
us... Tell her we are proud and hope she can stay happy for all her life!..."
Giovanni
felt warmth in his hands, could it be that?...
The two
parents quickly enveloped Giovanni's soul in light and sent him back to his
body.
Chara
suddenly felt warmth in his body... She had been crying into his chest the
whole time. So when she looked up and saw skin forming on his skull and forming
a face, her eyes grew wide... She then felt an arm around her neck and as the
head of Giovanni fully formed... Pulling her down and causing her to kiss
Giovanni's lips... Giovanni opened his eyes after it stopped and Chara was
ecstatic, "Giovanni!" she yelled hugging him tightly. He smiled,
"your parents say hi... But I on the other hand..." he then pulled
her close as they kissed again...
Later
Giovanni helped manage Chara's singing career while the two later became
married... It was an odd small wedding, but the two now live happily... And
only the hound or devil itself could drag them apart...
However,
back in sleepy hollow.... A hand of a woman torn and battered.... Reached up
from the ground....
The End...?
No comments:
Post a Comment